Career that Changes Lives
Medtronic is intensely focused on creating a workplace environment which reflects our standing as the world’s top medical device company.
A Day in the Life
The Cardiac and Vascular Group (CVG) is looking for a Tool & Die Maker for the primary responsibility for making and maintaining dies, fixtures, and models.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models, and engineering or shop specifications.
- Uses a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments to compute dimensions and determine machining and material or parts required.
- Performs precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions, revising design and/or substituting materials based on machinability or fabrication problems encountered, and problem solves as needed.
- Monitors and verifies quality and safety according to Medtronic’s standards.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum of 4 years of experience of relevant experience and may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience
Nice to Have
- 5+ years of experience in the manufacture of gages, tools, fixtures, or related machining
- Tool and Die apprenticeship certification or equivalent formal training
- Understands cutting tool geometry and applications
- Reads and comprehends advanced blueprints with GD&T.
- Use surface plate, sine plates, and height gage to setup and verify work
- Ability to conceptualize and sketch tools, fixtures, and gages
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to build strong working relationships.
- Have the willingness to participate in continuous improvement activities.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)