Pace Industries - Airo Division
$20.00 – $24.33 an hour
Full Job Description
Employee will perform all operations required to support customer needs. Must be able and willing to fill in and support any and all other class operations when demand is needed. Must have the willingness to learn new operations as needed. Employees are required to perform a variety of job duties in the tool room to facilitate the cleaning, breakdown, repair, and storage of dies. Training to go into the Tool & Die Maker – Journeyman Level classification.
Duties and Responsibilities – This job includes but is not limited to the following:
- Clean dies and die components.
- Move dies to and from the die repair area using lift truck.
- Disassembles and assembles dies following standard operating procedures, including minor repairs such as changing ejector and core pins, repairing oil or water leaks.
- Measures dies and die components using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers and calipers to verify against part drawing.
- Hone shot wells
- Performs basic repairs to cast dies.
- Remove Hung castings from dies on Die Cast Machines
- Performs trim die repair and maintenance.
- Operates lift truck to move, load and unload die, components, and materials.
- Use machines, lathe, bore, drills, turning machine.
- ID/OD micrometers.
- Complete Forklift training and operate forklift in safe manner.
- Must be able to perform heavy lifting.
- Capable and willing to work overtime.
- Good attendance record is required.
- Able to fill out all required paperwork.
- Work in a safe manner, so not to endanger self or co-workers. Report unsafe conditions.
- Wear required personal protective equipment.
- Perform other associated duties, functions or work as may be needed or assigned to continue the productive operation of the company.
- Participate in training to upgrade skills as necessary, to move forward with changing technology.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- Weld for minor repairs, if authorized.
- Assist in set up of cast and trim dies.
- Repair and trouble shoot finishing fixtures.
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality, and Production Departments to assure all quality and production requirements are met.
- Must follow all safety rules and policies as set forth by OSHA guidelines and Pace Industries policies and procedures as outlined in the employee manual.
- Assist/Train lower classification Tool Room employees when necessary.
- MUST BE WILLING TO BE TRAINED.
- Refusal of training can and may result in disqualification and/or disciplinary action.
- A test will be required. 1) Written 2) Practical (mill, lathe, grinder)
Must be able to read and understand written directives. Knowledge of the casting operation preferred. Must be able to read blueprints, use measuring tools and operate tool room equipment. Forklift certification required.
You should be proficient in:
- Manual machining
- Tool/Die/Mold Repair
- Tool/Die/Mold Setups
- Blueprint Reading
Machines & technologies you’ll use:
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC)
- CNC Lathe (2-4 axis)
$20 – $24.33 / hr