From $19 an hour
Machining: 2 years (Preferred)
CNC: 1 year (Preferred)
Journeyman License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
$3,000 Sign On Bonus!!!
- $1,000 after 90 days worked
- $1,000 after 6 months worked
- $1,000 after one year worked
Assistant Tool Maker
Placon is a leading designer and manufacturer of plastic packaging, producing quality thermoformed and injection molded packaging in the food, retail and medical markets. Working side-by-side with our customers, our mission is to fuel the heart and mind of the engineer in each of us by delivering packaging breakthroughs that inspire better engagement between people and products.
The Tooling Department serves Placon in 4 major ways:
1. Store and deliver tooling to the production staff
2. Repair and maintain tools
3. Build new tooling
4. Manufacture samples for external customers.
Becoming a member of this team means you would be a key person in the success of Placon and would have a career with challenging work that is linked directly to the success of Placon.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Tool Maker on nights, working 6:00pm-6:00am, on a rotating schedule. This position would also receive a 6% shift premium for working nights.
We’re looking for an Assistant Tool Maker to join our team. This position is responsible for:
- Assisting the team with tool maintenance
- Tool building, and tool improvements
- Assist with fabrication, modification and repair of Placon’s tools and mechanical components
- Use CNC mills, lathes, drills, grinders and other shop equipment.
The minimum qualifications for this position include a 1-2 years of experience in a background in a manufacturing environment and/ or schooling in a related field of Machine Tool Operations or Tool Fabrication. Having experience with auto mechanic, maintenance/repair or machine shops is preferred.
This position is located in Madison, WI. Placon also has manufacturing operations in West Springfield, MA; Elkhart, IN; and Plymouth, MN.
Why Should You Apply?
· The opportunity to be chosen as an Apprentice Toolmaker and begin your training to become a Journeyman Toolmaker.
· Competitive compensation & benefits – up to 3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment! 401k – 100% match up to the first 3%, medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
· Profit Sharing average is 7%
· Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
· Growing family business with friendly working environment
Placon is an equal employment opportunity company.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
- Are you able to work 6pm-6am on a rotating schedule? (2 on 2 off 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off)
- Machining: 2 years (Preferred)
- CNC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Journeyman License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location