Full Job Description
Are you the person we call on when the job needs to be done right? Do you love to work with your hands and take pride in being able to perfectly assemble complex puzzles? Are you ready to conquer new challenges surrounded by people who want to help you succeed and grow?
Good, because we have been searching for superstars to help us continue on our path of amazing growth and innovation. Want to come along?
- We love a challenge and work hard to meet the needs of our diverse customer base with our commitment to the production of high-quality US-based parts.
- We are growing fast. In fact, we recently added 40,000 square feet to our existing 75,000 square foot building.
- Safety is one of our top priorities. Garner Industries is a credentialed SHARP participant and was recently presented with the Star Safety Award by the Nebraska Safety Council.
- We were named Nebraskas 2017 mid-sized manufacturer of the year by the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
- In 2019, we were named manufacturer of the year by the Lincoln Chamber of Commerce.
- We encourage you to live a healthy, vibrant life and were awarded the Governor’s Excellence in Wellness Award in 2019.
- Giving back to the community is something we love to do. Whether it’s the United Way or our local Food Bank, part of our mission is helping those in need.
WHAT WE WILL ASK YOU TO DO:
- Operate and maintain lathes, mills, CNC machining centers, Electrical discharge Machines and other machining equipment.
- Fabricate complex injection molds, dies and tools from sketches or drawings.
- Fabricate prototype parts.
- Perform maintenance on machine equipment.
- Assist and mentor apprentice machinist.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair molds, dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures and gauges.
- Evaluate molds, dies, and tools and make design change recommendations.
- Assist in correcting or modifying production machining processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Technical knowledge in precision machining or machine tool technologies.
- Knowledge of machinist hand tools and layout machining procedures.
- Able to interpret specifications and instructions from prints.
- Able to express or exchange ideas with department manager.
- Excellent skills in mathematics with the ability to quickly resolve mathematical equations and problems.
- Excellent mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- CAD/CAM experience required.
- Must work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Should have normal or corrected 20/20 vision.
- Technical degree or five years of machinist experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THIS POSITION:
- Climate controlled work environment.
- Dexterous use of both hands.
- May be required to work on your feet for 8 12 hours.
- Need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Overtime may be required of this position.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Competitive wage-based experience.
- One of the cleanest plants you will ever see.
- Employee focused environment.
- Full health care benefits including dental and vision.
- 401k with company profit sharing.
Garner Industries provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Garner Industries utilizes employment eligibility verification through E-Verify