- Primary contact for the assigned team/process for basic technical or routine questions providing technical assistance and or training when necessary
- Provides training to all shift personnel regarding standard operating procedures and processing techniques
- Ensures job order and appropriate production process issues
- Leads process improvement projects within team
- Perform die and module changeover including preventive maintenance and conditioning of the dies
- Sharpen, repair and create close tolerance tooling.
- Support stamping production by troubleshooting more complex die set up and production.
- Maintain high speed progressive dies, including sharpening of carbide punches and dies.
- Replace worn or broken tooling.
- Set up stamping presses.
- Troubleshoot and resolve tooling issues.
- Read and evaluate progressions
- May inspect and/or operate stamping presses as needed.
- Ensures maintenance performed is to the highest quality level.
- Follow safety guidelines and other policies and procedures.
- Training support to apprentice programs as needed.
- Use inspection instruments such as comparator, height gage, job blocks, calipers, micrometers, gages, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
What your background should look like:
- HS Diploma or GED
- Associates degree preferred
- 3 years of experience as a tool and die repair person or maker, or equivalent experience