Hindustan Platinum Puerto Rico
From $10 an hour
Electrical discharge machining: 1 year (Preferred)
CNC: 1 year (Preferred)
Journeyman License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Supports manufacturing operation by performing a variety of duties. Operates, troubleshoots, maintains area equipment, handles, and verifies material. In the exercise of the duties, complies with applicable standards, guidelines, and regulations.
· Will support the Tool Room Technician in all the activities of the area
· Assist repairs of the most complicated nature on dies/molds requiring very close tolerances, extreme accuracy and skill such as: combination and progressive dies, molds and complicated fixtures and jigs.
· Work with minimum supervision.
· Supports Tool Room Technician maintaining dies/molds in top condition.
· Under the guidance of the Tool Room Technician will repair the dies/molds on the presses.
· Use sketches, blueprints, specifications and models to plan operations for the fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency
· Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers and micrometers
· Utilize hand and machine tools to assemble parts of tools and dies and to repair and modify gauges, jigs and dies.
· Responsible for maintaining area clean at all times.
· Will follow leader instructions when priorities change.
· Will perform improve and changes to dies immediately.
· Perform any other duties assigned.
· Technical or Associate Degree
· Must have at least 3-year experience in repairing dies/molds.
· Experience in tableting machines and tools is a must.
· That he must have knowledge of technical drawing
· CAD knowledge (Autocad / Solidworks) should be desired
· Knowledge on operation of Die Sinker and other machining equipment like lathe, milling and surface and cylindrical grinders desired
· Knowledge on using measurement equipment like VMM and profile projector
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Electrical discharge machining: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Journeyman License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location