$25 – $35 an hour
Tooling: 4 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Actively seeking experienced Tool & Die Maker candidates for one of our clients located in Elgin, IL! This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity, offering a competitive wage and full benefits package!
2pm-10:30pm OR 4pm-12:30am; M-F
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Troubleshoot die problems to achieve maximum productivity.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Smooth flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment at all times.
- Performance to comply with all company Procedures, Policies, Work Instructions, knowledge of internal and external requirements as well as TS16949, ISO 17025 and OSHAS 18001 requirements.
- Assist in making improvements to the overall business using ITW operating principles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 4 years’ experience in related field highly preferred
- Possess strong work ethic, is a self-starter, has good attendance and works successfully in team settings.
- Ability to read blueprints and to properly use precision measuring devices to ensure quality.
- Basic working knowledge of computer software, email, excel and internet.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements to include Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding and Authorized Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Visual skills for accessing functionality of equipment and ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Tooling: 4 years (Preferred)
- Die Building: 4 years (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location