Full Job Description
Check-Mate Industries has proven to be the winning move for hundreds of customers in a diverse range of industries. The company has been recognized as an innovator and leader in tool & die, stampings and assemblies. Whether producing high-precision tools and progressive dies, stamping, or assemblies for everything from healthcare to personal security products, Check-Mate out-thinks, out-maneuvers, and out–performs its competition.
Tool & Die-Maker
US Citizens and Green Card Holders
Tool and Die Maker builds, repairs, and maintains dies, fixtures, and all other tooling in conformance to customer and/or company specifications per control plans. Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to makes and repairs dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Includes, but may not be limited to the following:
- Tool & Die-Makers conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications and makes adjusts as necessary.
- Tool & Die-Makers fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Tool & Die-Makers inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Tool & Die-Makers set up and operates conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Tool & Die-Makers study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Tool & Die-Makers verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or trade school diploma program
- Journeyman Tool & Die Maker and/ or completion of an apprenticeship (4 years)
- Advanced manufacturing certificate, followed by at least 4 years of on-the-job training
- 5 years’ experience in the tool & Die trade; emphasis on small precision stampings from progressive dies
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Solidworks and EDM (Plus)
- Competitive Pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, STD, LTD, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K match up to 4%
- Quarterly bonuses based on hitting KPI targets
- Annual COLA increases
- Relocation Assistance