Diatom Aviation LLC
$16 an hour
- Work authorization:
United States (Required)
Full Job Description
Diatom Aviation is looking for Repair Technicians who will support the start-up and growth of our entrepreneurial business serving air-cargo carriers operating through CVG airport. The Repair Technician will deliver excellence in repair and maintenance services for air-cargo containers (ULDs, or Unit Load Devices) as required by our clients. We expect our technicians to solve difficult problems with dexterity, dedication, hard work, and continual growth and improvement.
Up to 2 compensation increases annually based on job performance. One as early as 30 days after start date.
Diatom Aviation and was formed in 2018 to serve as the preferred ULD-repair service provider to DHL and other major air-cargo carriers located at CVG. The Purpose of the Company is “Aviation Simplified”. We are committed to differentiate ourselves through demonstrated excellence in service, quality and reliability. We aspire to become the preferred equipment-repair service provider at CVG and other large-volume air-cargo hub locations.
The Company’s owners are highly successful entrepreneurs who are deeply committed to the development of great talent to deliver extraordinary long-term growth, performance and sustainability.
The Repair Technician is a full-time role responsible for the safe, efficient and high-quality repair and assembly of air-cargo containers. The role is located at the Company’s facility in Erlanger, Kentucky. The role does not require prior experience, but does require basic mechanical aptitude, an eagerness to learn, a disciplined work ethic, and attention to detail.
The Repair Technician will be a team player with high-energy, exceptional mechanical skills, and a strong desire to help the company achieve best-practice performance in maintenance and repair operations as well as warehouse and equipment management.
Integrity, honesty, trustworthiness and self-discipline are essential character traits.
Experience in equipment and vehicle maintenance, manufacturing, HVAC and/or assembly line production may prove relevant and valuable.
NOTE: The Company’s warehouse, vehicles and operations are alcohol and drug-free, and candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The Repair Technician will report to the Lead Mechanic and will be responsible to:
- Repair all civil aviation articles or ULD’s in accordance to customers’ work order specifications and FAA operating parameters, by following all procedures identified in the Company’s Repair Manual;
- Maintain disciplined adherence to 5S standards;
- Maintain in good order the Company’s array of pneumatic equipment and hand tools;
- Complete and transfer to final inspection all work performed;
- Assist other Repair Technicians and supervisors in performing sheet metal repairs, sewing, or polycarbonate repairs and other maintenance as required;
- Coordinate with the Lead Mechanic maintenance of all ULDs, in order to (a) maintain full compliance with all applicable regulations; (b) enhance the image of the Company; and (c) achieve optimum ULD reliability and lowest long-term operating cost;
- Safely and lawfully operate Company equipment, including vehicles, forklifts, and other machinery and equipment; and
- Work periodically on-site at locations other than the Company’s headquarters facility, when required and approved through the Accountable Manager and based on Operation Specifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- United States (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location