Alpha Baking Company
- 2nd/3rd shift: Monday – Friday 5:00pm – 1:30am (shift times subject to change); Saturday work possible
- Perform line/plant audits as required.
- Monitor finished product specifications as required.
- Work with production to ensure all products meet specifications.
- Enact hold procedures and manage associated documentation.
- Perform GMP and HAACP related self-inspections.
- Data entry of daily reports.
- Perform routine checks of metal detectors, metal detectable bandages, tailings, stock rotation, flour lot tracking, shelf life testing, etc.
- Collect product for sensory, incoming raw material samples, and retains per customer requirements.
- Initiate foreign material reports and investigate cause.
- Audit daily record sheets for production and file.
- Recommend and work on process improvements.
- Improve and /or report unsafe, unsanitary, or inappropriate conditions.
- Assist in training co-workers to implement procedures required to meet quality and food safety program goals.
- Cover for other plant technicians during vacation or leave or absence.
- Maintain company confidentiality policies.
- Follow all plant and corporate safety and food safety policies and procedures.
- Understand all of the operations of the production line.
- Understand GMPs and HAACP regulations and ensure they are followed in the plant.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds repeatedly, up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Be able to stand for majority of shift.
- Be able to read/write English.
- Be able to work in high ambient temperatures.
- Be able to perform tasks requiring lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong communication, telephone, and writing skills.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, fractions).
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft applications.