Full Job Description
As a Principal Manufacturing Engineer / CNC Programmer at BAE Systems, you will use yours skills to develop and improve manufacturing/machining processes by studying product and manufacturing methods. You will create and modify CNC programs using Siemens NX CAD / CAM for machining processes, as well as design fixtures and tooling for operations, manufacturing processes and material handling. You will complete calculations and design for new equipment and process improvement, as well as create and maintain technical drawings for processes, tooling, and fixtures to support manufacturing operations.
Join BAE and help us in our mission as “We protect those who protect us.” We support our employees with a flexible 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, technical training and career growth planning.
Check us out!
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- High school diploma / GED and 10 years experience in CNC Manufacturing as a Manufacturing Engineer / CNC Programmer or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Siemens NX CAD/CAM Programming 5+ years
- Experience with CNC, multi-axis milling, and turning technology
- Experience supporting a production machine shop
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) experience
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 12 years’ experience in CNC Manufacturing as a Manufacturing Engineer/CNC Programmer
- Siemens NX CAD/CAM Programming 7+ years
- Knowledge of high feed machining
- Lean manufacturing training or experience
- Strong understanding of numerical control (NC) programming
- Experience with capacity modeling, process mapping, and fault analysis
- Experience with right angle head attachments
- Pareto analysis, root cause, and corrective action experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.