$20 – $26 an hour
Carpentry: 1 year (Required)
Fabrication: 2 years (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Blueprint reading: 1 year (Preferred)
Journeyman License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Fabricates new product patterns and assists in new model mold fabrication. Collaborates with engineering on design intent and assists with R&D to ensure manufacturability of FRP products. Assists in new mold finish, and mold repair as needed to ensure the on-time delivery of molds for production cycles.
Keys to Success
· Team Player: is able to effectively work with and communicate with coworkers from diverse backgrounds in a professional and respectful manner.
· Diligent worker: is self-driven and responsible for keeping up on assigned duties and meeting deadlines without supervision.
· Attention to detail: high level of accuracy, ability to hold tight tolerances.
· Good Judgement: is able to troubleshoot situations, have sound decision making skills, and improvise safe and effective solutions without direction.
· Fast Learner: is able to learn and retain concepts quickly and effectively.
· Dependable: demonstrates the ability to be reliable and consistent in attendance and productivity: available to move shifts or work weekends if needed to accommodate department needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Reads, interprets, and breaks down engineering drawings into segmented, achievable, daily goals.
· Constructs patterns and builds all FRP tooling correctly, as defect free as possible to deliver to quality tooling to production on time every time.
· Collaborates with supervisor and specialist team members to ensure quality and timely execution of daily tasks.
· Fabrication (welding) of steel frames for new FRP molds per provided specifications.
· Immediately notifies leads and/or managers of any issues that would prevent product from being delivered on time, every time.
· Participates and contributes to an environment where continuous improvement is valued and developed.
· Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with coworkers and supervisors, and managers.
· Performs daily and weekly cleaning of work area.
· Mindful of all aspects of waste; time, materials, and production supplies.
· Mindful of safety in all aspects of work and takes steps to minimize risks to self and others at all times.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
· Assists in other productions areas as needed
· Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
· Minimum 3 yrs. fabrication experience (preferably in a manufacturing setting) working with a wide variety of materials and hand/power tools
· Minimum 12 months experience working from engineered blueprints and/or assembly drawings
- Vacuum infusion/injection experience a plus.
- Must be able to read a tape measure to a tolerance of 1/32”.
- Must be proficient in math including the addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of fractions.
· Basic PC skills, proficient in Microsoft: Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer
· Must speak, write and read English to interpret blueprints, and provide notes as necessary.
- Must be detailed oriented, self-disciplined, and able to complete tasks on time without supervision.
- Must display an attitude of cooperation and the ability to work well with others.
- Must have good attendance and be open minded.
- Position requires integrity, in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Position requires standing, bending, pushing and pulling for up to 8-10 hours daily.
On Job training provided for the right candidate
Working Knowledge and Skills
· Fabrication experience with a wide variety of materials that can include wood, steel, body fillers, sprayable coatings and fiberglass,
- General construction basics including concepts of angles, draft, slope, and tolerances,
- Comfortable using an extensive variety of hand and power tools.
- Operates forklifts to deliver and stock raw materials at point of use.
- Ability to read and follow directions accurately.
· Able to understand ratios to ensure the correct mixing of resin solutions and ensure that strict quality standards are upheld.
- Ability to perform basic metal cutting and welding.
Ability to perform carpentry tasks including woodcutting, jointing, sanding, painting, etc…
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Caldwell, ID 83605: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Carpentry: 1 year (Required)
- Fabrication: 2 years (Required)
- Blueprint reading: 1 year (Preferred)
- Journeyman License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location