At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
The role reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Hackettstown, New Jersey. As a Mold Maker, you will be responsible for planning and performing all bench and machining operations including experimental work. Construct, alter, and repair molds involving the highest degree of specialized skill and knowledge of machining and tooling practices involving the set up and operation of all types of advanced machines, tools and gauges
- Review work order, blueprints, specifications and tooling requirements in preparation for making new molds or performing repairs on existing molds.
- Set up and operate EDM machines required for mold fabrication and repair.
- Set up, program and operate CNC-controlled lathes and milling machines used for mold/part fabrication.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make repair recommendations for plastic and rubber molds.
- Layout tooling jigs and fixtures.
- Determine machining operations necessary for altering, repairing or constructing new molds.
- Verify in accordance with specifications and blueprints all dimensions, clearances, and tolerances utilizing all types of gauges and precision measuring instruments.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CNC machine programming
- EDM knowledge
- CAD/CAM software experience
- TIG welding experience is a plus
- Dependable, energetic, and detail- oriented
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.