Norquist Tool & Die
Up to $30 an hour
Electrical discharge machining: 1 year (Preferred)
CNC: 1 year (Preferred)
Journeyman License (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
We are looking for:
- Tool and Die Maker/Machinist/Wire EDM Operator
- Ability to complete jobs on-time with a no-excuses, solutions driven perseverance.
- Experience in die repair, including “in press” troubleshooting
- Experience in new die construction
- Clear, consistent communication skills
- Understanding of GD&T
- Must have own tools
- Responsible for building and managing jobs at a profitable level with minimal to no direction from management.
- Provide training to co-workers and apprentices when needed.
- Oversee and manage multiple tooling jobs proactively; including die repair, builds, prototypes, and machining of piece parts per print.
- Set up and operate all tool room equipment efficiently; such as milling machines, CNC mill, lathes, conversation lathes, grinders, cranes, 2D Conversational Prototrak
- Understanding of G and M codes, wire EDM’s, CNC’s, lasers, and waterjets
- Offer technical assistance to customers and vendors at a professional level
- Maintain work areas and tooling to ensure a clean and safe environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, follow and retain directions, organize and prioritize time effectively
- Other duties when assigned
Responsibilities for the CNC Machinist and Wire EDM Operator/Programmer
- Consistently able to design and develop accurate programs in a timely manner.
- Reliably able to run both new and repetitive jobs efficiently.
- Set-up, check programs and operate equipment to perform a complex series of progressive machining operations to meet precise tolerance and finish requirements.
- Understand program format and fixturing. Able to arrange, mount and secure workpiece in absence of fixturing.
- Set stop; calibrate fixturing to appropriate reference points.
- Install programs and/or cards in consoles reader and correlates machine position with controls.
- Manually cycles machine through an operation sequence to check fixture and work positions, tooling, clearances, speeds, feeds, etc.
- Adjust machine or console to correct deviations from program specifications.
- Recognize reports and corrects errors.
- Recommend tooling and operational sequence to assist in developing practical programming for new and unusual machining requirements.
- May set-up for and instruct machine operators of lower classification.
- Able to troubleshoot and diagnose operating difficulties and make adjustments.
- Work from detailed and involved part drawings and specifications.
- Previous experience a plus
- Mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and perform geometric, algebraic and trigonometric calculations
- Accredited apprenticeship or equivalent training together with considerable experience in machine shop practices and techniques plus additional training to acquire a working knowledge of programming numerically controlled machine tools or CNC machining equipment and operations
- Must be able to perform metric conversions
- Must be able to read and understand prints, specifications and routings
- Requires G&M code experience
- Experience on conversational controls a plus
- Must be able to calculate own feeds and speeds
- Must be able to show good understanding of geometric tolerancing
- Operate multiple machines
- Conduct finished part inspection
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Electrical discharge machining: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Journeyman License (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location