Martin Sprocket & Gear Inc
Full Job Description
Why is it great to work for us?
- Affordable Medical, Pharmacy, and Dental
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Profit Trust Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Pay
What will you do?
In this role, you will be involved in the machining or processing of metal or plastic parts by operating industrial machine tools, equipment, or systems in the Gear Cutting Department.
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, or other written/verbal instructions given by the supervisor to perform production tasks.
- Maneuver large, awkward, or heavy parts manually or with a crane.
- Setup, operate, and tend machines used to process components.
- Install align and lock dies, punches, blades, or other machine fixtures to assure safe operation of the machine.
- Maintain machine and work area in a clean and safe manner.
- Check and inspect operation against predetermined tolerances.
- Work in other areas or departments as assigned.
- Schedule: 1st Shift, Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for engaged individuals that are adaptable to a changing environment, take pleasure in learning and enjoy working with others.
- Requires average math skills, simple oral communication skills; ability to read and comprehend instructions written in English and complete simple logs and reports in English
- Physically able to handle heavy items including lifting, pushing, pulling, and positioning components
- Work scheduled hours and comply with the company’s timekeeping policy and all other company policies
- Consistently stand for the entire shift
- Knowledge of basic machining practices and materials is a plus, as is general mechanical knowledge
- Be able to work with others and be a team player
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to report daily to the company’s Scottdale, Georgia Plant to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility