PRe Plastics, Inc
$42 – $50 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Electrical Discharge Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
Journeyman License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
$10,000 SIGNING BONUS!!!
Job Title: Lead Toolmaker
PRe Plastics Inc. is a world class custom plastic injection molding company located in beautiful Auburn, CA. For the past 35 years, we have been providing full-range services for complete Product Development and Production, Part Design & Engineering, 3D Prototyping, Precision Tool Making, Injection Molding, Part Assembly & Decorating and Order Fulfillment.
This position is responsible and accountable for ensuring molds and related equipment are manufactured and maintained to perform to Company and Customer standards. Responsible for programming, set up, manufacturing, and build of new injection molding tooling, tool repair, and fixtures. Position will assist as needed in maintaining and rebuilding injection molding tools as directed by the Tooling Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide mold/tool expertise to design reviews and product development.
- Support research and development efforts to design and manufacture new products.
- Manufacture new molds/dies to meet production demand for existing and new products, to the highest quality.
- Sets up and operate conventional, special-purpose machines to fabricate tooling components; and fit and assembles these components into production tooling and fixtures.
- Set-up and operate automatic and manual machining equipment for the manufacturing and repair of injection molds.
- Repair damaged molds/dies, springs, and punches; weld repairs as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all molds/dies.
- Design and build gauges to check accuracy of parts.
- Design and build jigs and fixtures as needed.
- Perform in-press trouble-shooting.
- Perform mold/die set-up procedures.
- Resolve die performance issues.
- Perform mold/die configuration changeovers.
- Resolve mold/die safety and performance issues.
- When required, produce parts, at times with few or no prints as a repair function.
- Manufacture prototype parts from engineering prints.
- Ensure tool room operates in an efficient and productive manner at all times.
- Maintain shop equipment.
- Maintain daily records of work performed.
- Conduct, maintain and report inventory of mold/die and shop supplies, punches and springs.
- Update tool room schedule as needed with minimal direction from Manager.
- Support Maintenance Department.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all press room equipment.
- Help maintenance department on special project
- Ensure tool room is maintained in a safe, clean, and orderly manner on daily basis.
- Follow safety rules and regulations and enforce same as well as good shop practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
REQUIRED ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Must experience building plastics injection molds.
- Prefer at least 2+ years shop lead experience.
- Must be able to read & comprehend blueprints and work instructions.
- This position requires 2 year technical degree and/or 3 years of related experience as a mold maker and/or tool and die maker using precision machinery, tools, equipment and injection mold experience
(setup and operator experience is helpful).
- This position requires the ability to interpret part and mold drawings. The position requires high school math skills, computer experience and proficient understanding of drawing analysis/software. Also requires experience with computer aid programming software, preferably MasterCam.
- Direct experience with Haas CNC machines, ram/sinker EDM and wire EDM machines are desired, but not required.
- This position requires constant standing, use of hands and fingers, and eye-hand coordination.
- This position also requires frequent walking, talking, hearing, and occasional sitting, turning, twisting, bending at waist and reaching with hands and arms.
- Incumbent must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Good close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception and the ability to see colors and adjust focus are required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
- This position works primarily indoors in a manufacturing setting with occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions which may be hot, cold, humid, or dry.
- This position constantly works around moving mechanical parts.
- This position is occasionally exposed to dusts, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and oil, grease or dirt.
- This position may require travel by car, plane or other commercial vehicle. A loud noise level is typical for the work environment of this job.
Pay rate will be commesurate with experience ($42/hour-$50/hour)
Full-time with Benefits
PRe Plastics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42.00 – $50.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Electrical Discharge Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
- Journeyman License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location