Duracell US Operations Inc
Duracell is an iconic brand and the world’s leading manufacturer of high performing alkaline batteries, power cells, and rechargeables. We are the most trusted source of personal power because of our sustained commitment to innovation, producing more compact, more powerful, and longer lasting batteries.
As an Injection Mold Maker – Tool & Die you would assist in every facet of new injection mold build, existing injection mold repair, and mold maintenance. The toolmaker would be the key person involved in the operation of all machinery used in the repair or fabrication of new or existing tooling. Fundamentally, the toolmaker should be able to machine precision components and parts of injection molds and understand their function. Furthermore, the toolmaker should be able to, independently, take a defective plastic part, determine the failure mode of the mold, and be able to determine the best way to repair or redesign the tooling so that the problem is rectified for future production runs.
As an Injection Mold Maker, some of your essential duties and responsibilities may include:
- Sets up and operates the necessary machinery to build and repair injection molds and related tooling and fixtures.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine and grinders and all auxiliary equipment commonly found in a supporting Toolroom.
- Using a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments to make component parts or complete tools.
- The design may be provided from a print or may require development by the tool maker from various resources.
- Creates and repairs parts for complex automation – Design of machines parts and tooling, fabrication and assembly, process routings, material selection, repairs and preventative maintenance are required skills.
- Plans construction procedures and methods, selecting proper materials.
- Blueprint interpretation, blueprint drawing and a working knowledge of CAD and CAM are essential skills.
- Disassembles and assembles molds, analyze, and solve basic mold problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting, cooling problems, etc.
- Performs mold repair work on cavities and cores due to damage or wear, including cavity welding.
- Computes dimensions: determines machining and material/parts required
- Assembles, repairs, inspects, cleans, and polishes molds using skill and care while handling and polishing critical surfaces
- Lays out, fabricates, and assembles metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specification
- Solve problems relating to unusual material, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition
Education & Experience
Please consider applying if you have:
- Journeyman or equivalent experience and schooling
Advanced skills would include the following:
- SolidWorks 3D modeling software comprehension
- Experience with Hot Runner Systems is desired
- CNC Programming via MasterCam software
- 3 and 5 Axis CNC Milling capability
- CNC lathe operation and programming capability
- CNC Wire EDM programming and capability