Patriot Machine Inc
Full Job Description
The Detail/Tool Room Machinist position sets up and operates a variety of milling machines, lathes, grinders, and saws to create flat or curved surfaces on metal work pieces such as machine, tool, or die parts while analyzing specifications and selecting tooling according to knowledge of machining procedures. This position requires manual and CNC machine knowledge, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Comprehends blueprints and layout of work piece. Determines sequence of operations and finished dimensions of work piece
- Secures work piece on machine table using clamps, bolts, or fixtures
- Selects feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, and milling cutter applying knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work with others in a team environment, and be highly self-motivated
- Thrive on challenge and be able to think “outside the box”
- Strong work ethic is a must
- Between 2 and 4 years of trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship
- Must supply their own tools of the trade
- High aptitude level with ability to learn and apply knowledge
- Applicant must be a U.S. Person
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Willingness to flex hours and work overtime as required
- Ability to analyze complex machining requirements and adapt to meet these requirements
Patriot Machine, Inc. is a technologically advanced aerospace manufacturer headquartered in St. Charles, Missouri. We supply complex structural parts and assemblies made from aluminum, titanium and steel to America’s largest aircraft manufacturers. Our culture of innovation and continuous improvement attracts skilled workers who are looking for a challenge. We offer opportunities to learn, grow and help shape the future of aerospace by applying innovative approaches to problem-solving.
Patriot Machine is a woman-owned business currently consisting of over 160 employees and 277,000 square feet of manufacturing and office space. We recently expanded into a new advanced manufacturing facility with ample space for further growth. We provide employees the opportunity to work alongside industry experts at an ultramodern manufacturing company.
Patriot Machine offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life/disability, 401(k) with employer contributions, paid vacation and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations