Full Job Description
We are looking for pioneering individuals who are strategic thinkers, love challenges, and understand what’s required to push the limits of customer expectations. We are seeking individuals who embrace a culture of commitment—as we do what we say we’ll do.
Our ideal candidates are willing to take independent action to help our company grow profitably, and who thrive in a heavily process-oriented environment. We also want individuals with flexibility, as we continually improve our capabilities and services each year.
Our employees are organized into work teams who have authority in their own work process. We visually communicate metrics and performance measurements for everyone to view, making it easy to see your role in Ultra-Tech’s success. We also engage our associates in continuous training, while encouraging collaboration, participation, and team-building.
Above all, we strive to create a safe and healthy environment for our team. Through safety initiatives, the entire organization contributes to creating work areas, processes, and behaviors that accomplish our goal of zero accidents.
UltraTech Aerospace is a rapidly growing company specializing in aerospace and industrial manufacturing and distribution. UTA’s growth is attributed to new sales within the current customer base, new customers, and company acquisition. As a part of the growth strategy, UTA has partnered with a Tier 1, aerospace and defense manufacturer to develop NADCAP welding capabilities.
UTA is a wholly owned subsidiary of an industrial distributor, IBT, Inc.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the CNC Programmer will support the manufacturing and quality departments that involves equipment, processes, machine tools and preparation of CNC programs. You will work with external resources when necessary and demonstrate high levels of integrity and initiative and bring a strong understanding of manufacturing technology and problem-solving skills to the table. The CNC Programmer is results oriented, enjoys working with people and can work independently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize MasterCAM, Siemens NX software to create 3, 4 & 5 axis CNC Programs.
- Verify program accuracy and efficiency with Vericut simulation software.
- Prepare standard set-up sheets and tool lists for manufacturing.
- Ensure special tooling is ordered and available when programs are released to shop floor.
- Support ME’s with creating manufacturing methods using Epicor ERP system.
- Provide support to engineering in developing production fixtures and/or special tooling
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and new manufacturing processes.
- Positive influence for other team members.
- Maintains a safe production environment.
The CNC Programmer has these professional qualifications or experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Eight to ten years of aerospace manufacturing and/or machining experience
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of GD&T requirements and how they apply to machining methods
- Process minded focus
The CNC Programmer has these technical qualifications or experience:
- 3-7 years CNC programming experience using MasterCAM
- Must have the ability to interpret complex drawings
- Have a strong understanding of machining processes, preferably in aerospace.
- 5-10 years machining experience in lieu of college education
- Experience utilizing CATIA V5, SolidWorks
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- ERP Experience – Epicor preferred.
- Knowledge of AS9100, ISO9000 or equivalent quality standards and systems
- LEAN and Continuous Improvement experience
- Project Management experience
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Proven organizational skills
“Excellence without Compromise”
Ultra-Tech believes in a culture of respect, participation, and problem-solving from all of our associates. Diverse opinions and experiences are a critical element to our continued success.
Ultra-Tech provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any legally protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To learn more, download the EEO guidelines.