Treske Precision Machining
Full Job Description
Treske Precision Machining, Inc., a commercial, aerospace, and defense precision machine shop has an immediate full time position for a CNC Programmer. We are a constantly growing company looking for a capable, flexible, and dependable candidate to fill this position.
Monday – Friday – Days
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates instructions for machinists
- Reviews 3D CAD design blueprints and CAD models
- Makes calculations for start to finish process of parts including material type and cut dimensions
- Translates instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program
- Communicates with set-up and production machinists who will use the programs
- Checks completed programs by running simulations using CG Tech Vericut
- Prepares geometric layout of designs using MasterCam.
- Designs fixture components and makes blueprints using Solidworks
- Determines sequence of operations in a program
- Chooses cutting tools that will be needed
- Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations
- Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency
- Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs
- Generates set-up documentation per department standards
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proven computer programming skills
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Good math skills with a focus on algebra and trigonometry
- Active listening skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of metal shop work
- Ability to write and read complex spreadsheets
- Ability to read blueprints and knowledge of GD & T
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment
- 4 axis experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Capable of handling a fast paced environment in addition to having a strong sense of urgency.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Attentive to detail, with a focus on accuracy and quality.
- Good with computers in a business environment.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Associates degree in CNC Programming, Machining, a computer related field or a mechanical field (preferred)
- Knowledge of machine tools
- 3 to 5 years’ experience
Job Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work performed in factory settings.
- Exposure to manufacturing environment such as noise, dust and the outdoors.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, negotiate a flight of stairs and move about facilities.
- Must be able to lift light to moderately heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.).
- Candidate must be driven to deliver results with the ability to establish rapport, earn trust, and effectively collaborate with others.
- Works well with others as part of a team effort
- Is willing to make necessary changes based of feedback from machinist and supervisors
- Has a positive attitude
- Forward thinker
- Seeks more efficient ways to perform duties
- Makes good decisions based on information presented
- Works to meet departmental goals and fulfill strategies
- Can challenge the “status quo” and think differently
- Seeks to make work environment better for all
- Can be flexible and adaptable in a complex, changing environment
- Engaged in helping company achieve goals and objectives
- Able to build partnerships with internal customers, employees, and internal suppliers
- Seeks and encourages others to meet their goals
Treske offers a competitive salary and benefit package including:
- Employer paid medical insurance for the employee
- Family Health insurance
- Paid Life insurance policy for employee
- 401k Match
- Life insurance for employee and family
- Paid time off
- Long term disability
- Short term disability
- Discretionary quarterly profit sharing bonus
Please apply online at https://www.treske.com/careers/ or email your resume with “CNC Programmer” in the subject line to email@example.com
It is the policy of Treske Precision Machining, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to any legally protected status such as race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. NOTE: Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).