Southland Steel Fabricators Inc
Full Job Description
Job Description- CNC Programmer
The CNC Programmer is responsible for preparing, (designing/programming) layouts and drawings for product manufacture.
- Receive drawings in from the detailer
- Sort drawings by size and type, then print our information (cut lists, etc.)
(Beams go into separate program)
*the detailer sends files-drawings for programming as needed*
- Check size, quantity, angle, etc. in the program
- After nested into Fabtrol, files are sent to the CNC Machinists
*Drawing packages- cut lists, nest reports, cover sheets, production travelers *typically 4-5 sets of drawings
- Emails are then sent to CNC Supervisor that the job is ready for shop
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position with a minimum expectation