Consolidated Machine & Tool
Full Job Description
Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT) and its 13 locations specialize in precision machining, fabrication, and assembly of highly engineered components. With over 175 years of combined experience, 300,000 sq. ft. of floor space, 250 CNC machines and 350 talented employees across the United States and Canada, we leverage our combined expertise and state of the art CNC machining capabilities to deliver quality machined parts to customers all across the globe. Our primary commitment is to provide our customers with a quality product, on-time delivery, and competitive pricing.
Astro-Tek Industries (ATI), a CMT company, is seeking a CNC Programmer for our Anaheim, CA location. The CNC Programmer develops programs, tool paths, and posts them in support of the machining efforts on small hardware, jigs, fixtures, and large tooling components for the aerospace and maritime industries. This position will work with an excellent team of individuals in the Aerospace industry providing cutting edge products to top tier aerospace manufacturers and the Department of Defense. If you are looking for an organization and career that will match your strong work ethic and passion for success, Astro-Tek Industries is a great place to start!
*This position works Monday through Thursday from 4:00pm – 2:30am. The salary range for this position is between $60,000 – $90,000 depending on experience.*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes CAD/CAM software (MasterCam) to develop programs to control contour-path machining of metal parts on 3 through 5 axis machine tools.
- Provides tool designs and concepts to achieve end item product build and production rate working within engineering and quality specifications.
- Ensures conformance to established procedures and quality level.
- Ensures conformance to Customer Engineering and Specifications.
- Analyzes drawings and part design data to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates, according to knowledge of machine shop processes, part specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Creates computerized setup documents, including all tool requirements and CNC programs.
- Continuous improvement of cutting methods to reduce cost, and improve quality.
- Creates fixture setup documents and planning outlines for CNC programming.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- High School/GED or equivalent education is required.
- Requires 5+ years’ CAD/CAM (MasterCam) experience and extensive knowledge of tool path verification techniques.
- Strong machining background with cutting tool speeds and feeds required.
- Ability to push the limits of comfort to try newly released technologies and tools to support the needs of the customer.
- Must be a self-driven individual with excellent time management skills.
- Desire to service internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle diverse assignments from technical analysis, to economic justification, to data entry.
- Aerospace experience a plus!
Benefits and Perks
Our comprehensive benefits package includes, but is not limited to, a competitive pay rate, accrued vacation time, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, health, dental, and vision insurance as well as Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance. Employee Only Dental coverage, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance is employer paid.
Consolidated Machine & Tool and all of its locations are a drug-free workplace / Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person’s sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.