HOERBIGER Corporation of America (HCA) is seeking a highly skilled CNC Programmer to join the growing programming team for our two production plants in Pompano Beach. HCA is a manufacturer of OEM precision compressor valves and components used primarily in the oil and gas industry.
The CNC Programmer leads new manufacturing process developments and manufacturing initiatives as well as supporting daily production needs for the plants. The plants are producing parts on injection molding and CNC mills, lathes and grinding machines. The purpose of the role is to design, develop and continuously improve processes around CNC machinery with CNC to increase the efficiency and quality of production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve manufacturing processes in the plant by analyzing the status quo and finding opportunities for improvements by changing tooling and cutting processes to decrease product cost and cost related to handling, quality and supply chain.
- Participate in capital investment projects and manage parts of them to achieve the planned outcome, the timeline and budget of the project
- Support the sourcing of new production equipment, tooling, and support equipment by researching and testing multiple options and comparing them
- Support production management and quality with analysis of processes on CNC machines that do not work as designed (trouble shooting)
- Create standard CNC programs and routers for processes that have been standardized already
- Associates degree from two-year college or university in mechanical, industrial or process engineering or equivalent manufacturing experience
- Minimum four years related manufacturing or process engineer experience
- Machining experience required running different types of CNC equipment (Lathes, 3 or 5 axis mills, multitasking machines)
- Experience programming CNC code on software – Esprit or Mastercam required
- Ability to run a CNC machine required
- Ability to read G and M code required
- Experience with production processes like cutting, molding, forming or assembly
- Ability to read manufacturing prints (dimensioning and geometric constrains)
- Hands on experience how to measure and control parts towards prints
- Experience with measuring tools (calibers, micrometers, indicators, gauge blocks, pins, pi tapes)
- Basic understanding of cutting tool designs and styles used in turning and milling is required
- Understanding of robotic and automation principles
- Ability to use CAD (2D and 3D) drawing programs to sketch designs for simple components, work holding and to adjust part models; ability to use 3D CAD models as input for CAM programs to create parts
- Software requirements: Microsoft Office, ACAD, Inventor, CAM, SAP (or experience with other ERP systems)
HOERBIGER offers a dynamic, continually changing work environment with opportunity for advancement. Our robust benefits package includes: Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, company provided Short- & Long-Term Disability & Life Insurance coverage, FSA & HSA, paid Vacation, paid Holidays, paid Sick Days, paid Parental Leave, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching contributions. Relocation Benefits included for this position.
HCA, part of the global HOERBIGER Compression Technology Group, is a dynamic manufacturer of OEM precision compressor valves and component parts used in the Oil & Gas Industry. HCA provides high performance defining compression components to OEM’s as well as into the after-market; additionally, we serve as the sole supplier of finished and semi-finished polymer components to our affiliates.
HOERBIGER is an Equal Opportunity Employer Drug Free Workplace E-verify
Job Reference: US00354