Dexter Magnetic Technologies
Full Job Description
This position has overall responsibility for programming CNC equipment along with establishing machining methods and tool sequences to meet required customer specifications and work instructions.
- Develops NC programs for various types of machines (CNC lathes, vertical machining centers, multi-axis machines (3, 4, and 5 axis)
- Establishes appropriate machining methods and tool sequences.
- Determines the necessary fixturing and tooling to maintain tight tolerances.
- Possesses good understanding of CNC tooling.
- Analyzes and solves program and tooling-related problems on the shop floor, which cause downtime or otherwise limit productive capacity of equipment.
- Creates and updates setup sheets and assures integrity of produced documentation.
- Create and maintain job documentation files.
- Troubleshoot issues with DNC system (communication between machines and servers).
- Assists setup personnel with program, tooling and setup issues.
- Possesses working knowledge of CAD (Solidworks/AutoCAD) and CAM software (Mastercam)
- Optimizes and proves-out programs on machines to maximize equipment utilization.
- Trains and assists in development of personnel (cross-training)
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and setup time reduction.
- Performs all work in a manner that ensures safety of self and others, paying attention to lock out/tag out of OSHA requirements.
- Required at times to operate various hand tools, precision measuring equipment and associated gages and tooling.
- Assist in running machines to support Operations coverage as needed.
- Initiates preventative maintenance and housekeeping duties.
Education and Experience
- Requires 3 years CNC programming experience (preferably Mastercam), and 3+ years CNC setup experience.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, tooling, fixturing and materials.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools. (word / excel)
- Proficiency with CAD/CAM software (preferably Solidworks, AutoCAD, Mastercam) Knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of blueprint reading and drawing interpreting. GD&T required
- Working knowledge of most machine shop equipment including mills, lathes, drills, surface and rotary grinders, plunge EDM and wire EDM.
- Experience working with wide range of steels. (CRS, Aluminum, Hastelloy, Inconel, etc)
- Familiar with working properties of different steels.
- Experience in a make to order / engineer to order shop environment is a plus.
- Ability to program, set up and run up complex jobs without supervision.
- Able to routinely develop programs, set ups, and set parameters on new / prototype parts with speed and precision.
- Knowledge and use of a wide variety of precision measuring equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations