At Celestica, we enable the world’s best brands. We build trusted relationships and solve complex technology challenges to help our customers realize greater value, potential and outcomes. Through our recognized customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, Communications, Enterprise, HealthTech, Industrial, Capital Equipment and Energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges. We are a leader in high-reliability design, manufacturing and supply chain solutions that brings global expertise at every stage of product development – from the drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services. With talented teams across North America, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica, an Electronics Manufacturer in Rochester, MN, is currently accepting applications for CNC Mill/Lathe Machinists. Celestica’s Rochester operation focuses on engineering services, precision machining, rapid prototyping, systems assembly, test, failure analysis, design and manufacturing, logistics, repair and refurbishment. The site serves the enterprise, diversified and communications markets.
As a Machinist, you will be responsible for setup and operation of the CNC Mill machines, Lathes and Mori Seki NLX 2500/700 Live tooling Lathe or other brand CNC Turning centers with Milling Capabilities. Additionally, you will be responsible for troubleshooting tooling/setup issues and quality issues in order to meet customer requirements.
- Self Motivated CNC Mill/Lathe Machinist
- Setup and operation of CNC Haas/Hurco Milling Machines, Lathes and a Mori Seki NLX 2500/700 Live tooling lathe and along with Knowing 5 axis mill programming/run helpful also.
- Performs tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Studying blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measuring, marking, and scribing dimensions and reference points on materials or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selecting, aligning, and securing holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes and grinders.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- May verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Setting up and operating machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- May fit and assemble parts into complete assembly, using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, handtools, and power tools. Verifying dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges and gauge blocks.
– May install machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and test operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance. – May develop specifications from general description and draw sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- May confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Communicates with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- Inspecting and measuring parts to gather statistical process control data.
- Set up of specialty equipment such as 5th axis, 90 degree angle heads and probes.
- Program parts using cad cam software and run parts complete per print
- Must possess specific certifications as defined by site operations
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of machine operations
- In-depth knowledge of product quality issues
- In-depth knowledge of GDT
- In-depth knowledge of programs, macros, cam software
- Ability to recognize errors in the g code and make edits prior to machining the work piece
- Ability to set up, operate, calibrate and maintain machines and tools
- Ability to recognize and address problems in the production process
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively with team members and lead the team to high quality production within tight deadlines
- Duties of this position are performed in a manufacturing environment with occasional to frequent exposure to elements such as noise, dust, chemicals, operating machinery, temperature extremes, etc
- Duties of the position require periodic light physical effort and exertion including prolonged repetitive motions requiring manual dexterity and precise hand/eye co-ordination, sitting and or standing in confined workspaces, using tools and equipment, and moving and handling materials
- Duties may require periodic heavy manual effort including lifting objects over
- Duties require extended periods of sustained visual concentration on detailed documentation and product assemblies
- Above demands are carried out within the local existing Health and Safety guidelines
Seven to ten years relevant experience
High school diploma and additional courses after high school, or an equivalent combination of education and experience and a commitment towards further/additional education
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Celestica’s policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by law.
This policy applies to hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral and other aspects of employment and also states that retaliation against a person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) enables the world’s best brands. Through our recognized customer-centric approach, we partner with leading companies in Aerospace and Defense, Communications, Enterprise, HealthTech, Industrial, Capital Equipment and Energy to deliver solutions for their most complex challenges. As a leader in design, manufacturing, hardware platform and supply chain solutions, Celestica brings global expertise and insight at every stage of product development – from drawing board to full-scale production and after-market services for products from advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware platform solutions for the Cloud.
Headquartered in Toronto, with talented teams spanning 40+ locations in 13 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia, we imagine, develop and deliver a better future with our customers.
Celestica would like to thank all applicants, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Celestica does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services