QC Manufacturing Inc
$22 – $28 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
CNC: 1 year (Preferred)
Blueprint reading: 1 year (Preferred)
Calipers and lathes: 1 year (Preferred)
Machine maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
QC Manufacturing, Inc. is a dynamic and innovative high-tech manufacturing company located in Temecula, CA. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team, who have high desire and drive to succeed both personally and professionally, in a fast paced and growing company. We manufacture QuietCool ventilation products. With substantial growth across the country, we are looking for an engineer that can help work with our team to take our products to the next level.
Every day we strive to bring new and innovating products to market. From our humble beginnings we now have multiple fan lines for whole house ventilation, attic ventilation, and garage ventilation. With QuietCool, every possible home ventilation configuration is possible.
We operate by the principle that in everything we do, we strive to improve peoples’ lives. Our dealers and customers tell us we’re succeeding.
We are looking for a skilled machinist that is a team player and can bring their skills and talents to make an immediate impact.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of the job
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and positions or load material for a job
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues.
- Determine and program size of batches and speed of machine
- Monitor output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair damages on tooling.
- Daily use of micrometers, vernier calipers, depth gages, and dial indicators.
- Ability to machine and program parts using: manual toolroom machinery as well as CNC mills, Lathes, Grinders, and etc.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations such as CAL/OSHA
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, fabrication methods, tool design, use of CNC machines, etc.
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment and quality assurance techniques
- Commitment to health and safety standards and environmental regulations
- Problem-solving ability
- High level communication skills both verbal and nonverbal.
- Willingness (Ability) to occasionally work late shifts or long hours.
This job operates in machine shop environment. Although some elements require working in an office. This role mainly will be in the machine shop. You are regularly exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable. These sounds come from machines and equipment that are constantly running. Can be exposed to hazardous coolants and lubricants. While working the machine shop all required PPE must be followed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to lift a maximum of 100 pounds unassisted, waist high, up to 10 feet away, and up to140 pounds of weight assisted.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly requires normal office hours.
Required Education and Experience
· Proven experience as a machinist
· Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
· Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
· Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
· Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
· Good at math with analytical abilities
· Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Forklift experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship
- Ability to Program CNC Lathe, Mill, and or grinder.
- A working knowledge of plastic injection molding machinery methods.
Well-versed in relevant software (e.g. CAD (Solidworks)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
QC Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. QC Manufacturing makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Temecula, CA 92591: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Blueprint reading: 1 year (Preferred)
- Calipers and lathes: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location