Air Flow Research
$20 – $25 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
CNC programming: 3 years (Preferred)
Machinist: 3 years (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
For 50 years, AIR FLOW RESEARCH has been dedicated to the mission of manufacturing the highest quality, best performing cylinder heads and intake manifolds while providing customer service beyond expectations and valuing every employee as our most important asset. This complete commitment to performance has enabled Air Flow Research to become the leading manufacturer of cylinder heads and for our products to find themselves on the fastest race cars and the most powerful street machines in the country.
AIR FLOW RESEARCH is seeking a CNC Machinist with Set-up / Programming abilities that is ready to tackle the high energy and fast pace of a machine shop environment. Experience on vertical and Horizontal CNC mills, machine shop trouble solving skills all with the ability to properly communicate in a team like environment.
GENERAL LIST OF DUTIES:
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
· Establish, document and write procedures for weekly inspection and adjustment processes on 4 and 5 axis machines and fixtures.
· Establish, document and write procedures for daily or weekly tool inspection, adjustment or replacement on all machines.
· Establish, document and write procedures for daily and or weekly setup or fixture swaps on all machines.
· Setup and fixture swaps – assist when needed in setting up, installing or trouble shooting day to day fixture requirements.
· Establish, document and write procedures for daily and weekly tool replacement learning and establishing tool setter standards.
· Tool maintenance – assist when needed in setting up, installing or trouble shooting day to day tool requirements.
· Miscellaneous machining – assist when needed in setting up, programming and running miscellaneous machining when required.
· Program proofing and improvements – evaluate programs looking for improvements both within the program as well as with tooling improvements with quality and cycle time always in mind.
· First article evaluation – assist in developing and evaluating ,programming, proofing of programs and qualification/ approving of first article pieces.
· Troubleshooting – assist in troubleshooting all tool finish issues, fixture issues, machine performance issues, repeatability issues,
· Design and improvement projects – work together with the engineering team to improve or create new programs, designs, fixtures for new or existing product lines.
· Coach and mentor fellow employees and leads as needed to develop and create a strong knowledge base using his experiences to improve product quality and help identify process improvements.
· Assist in evaluating current process control by performing weekly/ monthly audits on established process to verify processes are being followed as called out in SOP’s, job descriptions and process procedures.
· Informs floor manager ASAP if/or any w/c daily goal will not be met and reason for it
· Maintain and enforce all LEAN practices learned and implemented
· Work with floor manager and all Dept operators to improve and/or maintain w/c organization and conditions of their machines.
· Maintains a safe and healthy work environment
· Behaves in a professional manner at all times
· Responsible for informing floor manager regarding any equipment or tool issues
· Ensures all work performed meet AFR Quality Standards and meet customer satisfaction
· Informs floor manager of any Quality issues
· Help in making decisions regarding changes or improvements to all work centers (as it pertains to duties)
· Work with Floor Manager to schedule downtime for machine, tool maintenance and/ or fixture swaps.
Minimum of three years with strong machine shop skills and experiences as well as CNC programming.
Applicants of all levels will be considered that have the following but not limited to skills or experience:
- Blueprint/ sketch reading.
- 3, 4, 5 Axis CNC mill programming.
- Master Cam X3, X4, X5 and X6
- Mazak, Mori-Seiki Mapps, Fanuc and Hass
controls. Lean manufacturing concepts and processes.
- Setup/ operate multiple machines.
- Knowledge/ use of measuring equipment.
- Planning/ sourcing material and operation.
- Critical Thinking & problem solving skills
- Good organizational skills
– Good work ethic
– Good attendance history
– Ability to work in a team environment and/or be self sufficient
– Must be available for overtime (when necessary)
– Able to pass a Drug & Alcohol test
– Able to pass a background check
– Medical, Vision & Dental benefits offered – upon completion of 90-day probationary period
– Employer contributed Retirement plan
– 2 weeks PTO (Paid Time Off) – Accrued from the 1st day of service
– Paid holidays (Upon completion of 90-day probationary period)
– All applicants must have good English reading & writing skills
If you are interested in being part of the AFR team and contribute to the success of the country’s premier cylinder head manufacturer, please submit your most current resume for consideration.
** WALK-INS WELCOMED **’
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- One location
Typical end time:
- 2:30pm to 4:30pm
Typical start time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED but have the background and experienced required
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Exciting and a full hands-on fun job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
W/C spacing allow for Physical Distancing requirements. Face coverings are required. All employees are involved in sanitizing of work centers and community areas.
- Desired Salary?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CNC programming: 3 years (Preferred)
- Machinist: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location