Full Job Description
The CNC Machinist’s Primary Responsibilities Will Be:
- Set up and program CNC machines using G code and mostly conversational code.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
- Use blueprints and design sketches to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product.
- Measure dimensions of finished pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Performs general maintenance and troubleshooting during CNC machine operation.
- Runs one or more machines simultaneously based on production needs.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
CNC Machinist’s Experience & Qualifications:
- 1 – 2 years CNC machining experience, knowledge of Mazak, Proto-Trak, Haas, or Hurco machines a plus.
- Mazatrol programming experience a plus.
- Mastercam and Solidworks experience a plus.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments and gages.
- Vocational Trade School, High School Diploma or equivalent required/preferred.