Clifty Engineering & Tool Company, Inc
$17.50 – $25.00 an hour
US work authorization (Required)
Machining: 3 years (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Full Job Description
SUMMARY: Sets up and operates all CNC/Manually controlled Mills/Lathes/EDMs to machine work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following:
· Threads perforated or magnetic tape through read head in control console, or enters commands into control panel, to retrieve preprogrammed machine data from mainframe computer.
· Inserts precision indicator in machine spindle, and depresses switches to job spindle into contact with workpiece, synchronize tape and tool, and record setup point.
· Retracts spindle and loads and secures first preset tool and holder.
· Adjusts feeds, speeds and cutters to machine parts according to specifications.
· Starts machine and observes cutting operation.
· Compares numerical data display with specifications on operations sheet.
· Assembles and presets tooling for next operation during automated cycle to reduce machine downtime.
· Replaces milling tools with drilling and boring tools at specified change points to reduce or eliminate subsequent machining of workpiece on another machine.
· Operates machine on preliminary dry run before machining first part to detect errors in tape or computer program.
· Measures work-piece for conformance to specifications and notifies Team Leader of any discrepancies.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. All candidates must have strong work ethic, mechanical aptitude, proficient math skills, willingness to learn, good attitude and be able to work in a team environment. Ideally, candidates will have some experience with G-Codes, feeds and speeds, tapping and good computer skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required. Technical Certificate or Associate’s Degree in related field preferred. Five plus (5+) years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven knowledge of machines (mills and Machining centers), controls and tool-holding systems. Self-motivated with willingness to learn and improve.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to convert fractions to decimals and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Understanding of metric to English conversions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Understand basic word processing, and CAD/CAM skills.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk and hear, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch, use hands and fingers to feel objects tools or controls, reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Bonus pay
Only mission critical meetings are held F2F.
Vendors must wear a mask while inside Clifty Engineering.
Maintain Social Distancing.
Encourage employees to stay home when sick.
Wear Masks when can’t maintain social distancing.
Common surfaces cleaned daily.
- Machining: 3 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location