Atomic Industrial Machine
$27 – $38 an hour
Full Job Description
**Pay is determined based off experience**
Since 1928, ATOMIC INDUSTRIAL MACHINE, INC., has been a leader in the industry by providing innovative, precision machining solutions to manufacturers in a variety of sectors. We are growing and are seeking a Skilled Manual Machinist to join our team!
The position requires mechanical aptitude, a history of good attendance, a strong work ethic, and the ability to change priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will set up, program, and operate CNC-controlled machine shop equipment. Must have a good knowledge of reading and understanding blueprints. Proficiency in Mastercam and experience with Mazak and HAAS controls/machining center with multi-axis machining experience is desirable. G Code/off-line programming is a plus!
- Write/edit programs using both Mastercam’s latest version and offline using HAAS/MAZAK controls at the machine tool.
- Perform complete set-ups including cutting jaws, loading and setting all tooling, loading programs, proofing, and editing programs, running parts complete with high tolerances, inspecting parts as running to ensure all dimensions are within tolerances.
- Fast, efficient, and effective set-ups for short-run orders are required and then quickly change to the next item in the line.
- Review blueprints, drawings, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of part/product, sequence of operations, and/or set up requirements.
- Select, align, and secure the holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines to include mills, lathes, and grinders.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect any malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust the machine controls as necessary.
- Adheres to company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs other duties within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- High School graduate or GED
- 2+ years Mastercam Programming experience; 5+ years machining experience
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Completion of a machinist apprentice program or equivalent training programming is a plus
- Familiarity with HAAS and Mazak machines and Mazatrol programming.
- The ability to program with G code/on-off line is desirable.
- Ability to hold close tolerances and conduct component inspections.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated due to different types of parts and multiple setups daily.
We offer a competitive compensation package including:
- Company-paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance coverage.
- Overtime Opportunities
- Retirement Plan with Company Match (New, January 1, 2022)
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Annual Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Bonus
- Company Sponsored Lunches and Snacks
You should be proficient in:
- Manual machining
- Blueprint Reading
- Quality inspection
- Mechanical troubleshooting
Machines & technologies you’ll use:
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC) (Mazak, Haas)
- CAM Software (Mastercam)
- CNC Lathe (5+ axis) (Mazak)
$27 – $38 / hr