Full Job Description
We are in a position for additional CNC programmers. With our growing business needs we could use you! In this position, candidate will perform all functions necessary to program, prepare and machine new product prototypes and production tooling components in a fast paced work environment for the New Product Development department while maintaining a safe, organized and clean environment in the tool room. The number one goal is to maintain an aggressive schedule and provide consistent, high quality machined prototype tooling, components, and mold modifications to the standards of both Sabert and its customers. Working day shift hours 7 am to 4 pm with pay rates starting at $20.50. Pay is based on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform all duties required to accurately program supplied CAD models, machine and fabricate new products for the plastic thermoforming industry including but not limited to quality prototyping, assists, modifications, tool upgrades, repair of production tooling, test fixtures, jigs, to support the NPD department and manufacturing.
- Responsible for all CNC functions and Operations including: Programming, part setup, tool calibration, cutting parameters, file management, and file storage management.
- Adherence to the schedule of jobs to maximize CNC equipment utilization with flexibility to adjust priorities.
- Ability to design and fabricate plugs, assists, jigs, test components as requested.
- Polishing, venting, drill and tapping as needed.
- Interface with designers, engineers, manufacturing and shop personnel.
- Manual setup and operation of Bridgeport milling machines as needed
- Manual setup and operation of horizontal lathes, table saw, drill press, and other equipment standard to a toolshop.
- Materials include aluminum, steel, Renshape polyurethane, epoxy, syntactic foams.
- Maintain condition of CNC machinery and inventory of all tools required for efficient machine operation including: cutters, holders, drills, chucks, collets, clamps, taps, etc.
- Ensure that all new tools are of the highest quality and have been inspected to meet the specifications.
- Offer recommendations that will help improve the reliability, speed of the shop including process improvement input for quality, tooling and design.
- Maintain metrics for programming and machine utilization to report to the tool room manager.
- Determine items that need to be purchased or replaced, and submit requisition to the tool room manager for approval.
- Perform all work in a manner consistent with established procedures for safety to the individual and the team.
- Efficiently and accurately fabricate new tooling and sampling in a safe, organized and clean environment.
- Train and mentor other machinist
- Ability to lead and supervise others as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- CNC programming / machinist skill using Mastercam as the primary CAM software.
- Firsthand knowledge of G and M CNC programming skill and ability to operate CNC equipment.
- Machining skills, close tolerance lathe and mill work, reading blueprints, utilization of close tolerance measuring equipment (dial caliper, micrometers, etc.) ban saw, table saw, etc.
- Devoted work ethic (willingness to work extended hours when required)
- Technical understanding of Thermoforming Tooling and Equipment
- Experience with MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Sense of Urgency and thoroughness
- Proactive and Innovative thinker
- Goal and detail oriented
- Safety and Quality conscious
- Good reporting, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn, grow and contribute with the department
- Ability to be a team player and work with others.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1-5+ years machinist experience
- Mastercam experience a plus
- Standing (95% of the Day)
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
Pay, benefits and more.
Sabert is eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
We are a leading global manufacturer of innovative food packaging products and solutions. Our company was founded in 1983 on a single mission: to enhance and advance the way people enjoy food . Today we design, manufacture and distribute a wide spectrum of packaging solutions for food distributors, restaurants & caterers, grocery stores, national food chains and consumer entertaining.
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations