The Ulven Companies
Full Job Description
The CNC UAPS Mill and Lathe Machinist is responsible for producing high quality aerospace machined parts per customer specifications and Ulven quality standards.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications for set up, and operation of 3 axis mills and 2 axis lathe machines.
- Be able to edit programs and be competent using Mastercam.
- Set up all cutting tools and offset adjustments for wear and nominal part dimensions.
- Make appropriate adjustments as necessary to meet specifications and quality standards.
- Work with close tolerances on machined parts.
- Program and perform routine CNC machine maintenance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of Mill and 3 years of Lathe experience.
- Ability to setup 3 axis Mills, 2 axis Lathes and all cutting tool set up.
- Competency with Fanuc Controls, G & M code, and hand program edits.
- Ability to perform in process and First article inspections.
- Tool offset adjustments for wear and nominal part dimensions.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous improvement concepts such as set up reduction.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, with a high level of productivity.
- Familiar with common CNC and programming terminology.
- Ability to read detail drawings and possess understanding of GDT.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- High School diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Fluency in English, verbal and written.
Due to the nature of our operations, The Ulven Companies must comply with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms) regulations. Access to ITAR related information and data at our facility, which this position will have access to, must be restricted to U.S. Citizens and US Permanent Residents.