Krieger Specialty Products
Full Job Description
Krieger Specialty Products is a leading manufacturer of special purpose doors and windows applications since 1936 and we’re growing tremendously! Our products protect what is valued in places like nuclear power plants, world-class concert halls, radio and television stations, schools, and defense departments globally. We have a great company culture with a value driven team-centered work environment.
The CNC Laser Programmer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the overall coordination of the work in progress assigned to you, including reviewing submittals, hardware schedules, hardware templates, cut sheets or other related information from the customer and/or project manager. Your scope covers the understanding of Krieger’s manufacturing processes, CNC software, AutoCAD software, product types and construction methods, shop drawings, release process, a working knowledge of compatible sub-components, hardware and engineering. Work involves planning, organizing, coordinating, data entry and preparation of manufacturing documents. You will work with limited supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
· Responsible, for the conversion of AutoCAD drawings into CNC laser programs for manufacturing.
· Maintains manufacturing documents prior to release into production.
· Updates manager by consolidating, analyzing, and forwarding programming requests.
· Liaison between engineering and manufacturing regarding program trouble-shooting.
· Accomplishes engineering department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
· Obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge of Krieger’s engineering methods and procedures, general product knowledge and product characteristics, general and technical specifications of products for production usage and file management.
· You will be required to create and develop goals for your specific job function that will support our organizational goals.
· You must engage, and complete assignments as directed, skill set and work scope by the engineering manager.
· Any other duties as assigned by your manager.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job
· 1-2 years of relevant manufacturing experience, ideally with CNC fiber lasers
· Strong work ethic, loyal, trustworthy, honest, team player
· Proven ability to multi-task and have regular contact with executives, managers, and employees
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of personality types
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess superior organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD
- Must possess problem solving skills
- College degree preferred
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to manipulate equipment, to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move office supplies weighing up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity isrequired to operate a computer keyboard.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location