$18 – $30 an hour
Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
CNC Laser Programming: 1 year (Required)
Press brake machine: 1 year (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
CNC Laser Programmer and CNC Press Brake Programmer/Operator
This position is responsible for interpreting project blueprints, designing programs and setting up machines to produce the component outlined in the program. The employee must perform test runs and make adjustments until the resulting product meets blueprint specifications. The ideal candidate will also assist other CNC operators with any of their daily duties including area housekeeping, maintenance work, and material staging.
Additionally, this person must be skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced Pre-Fabrication Program/ Operator. Employee must have the ability to program, layout, setup and operate metal fabricating machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, saws, and CNC press.
1. Read technical drawings and set up the machines in accordance with these blueprints
2. Use computer software program and model cutting paths and program machines accordingly
3. Perform quality assurance tests to ensure products meet design specifications
4. When programming, consider tools required to cut particular materials. Program accordingly
5. Troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise
6. Ensure production schedule follow through as allocated by the scheduling department.
7. Assist in loading and unloading team members’ machines when production requires additional manpower to maintain throughput.
8. Perform minor maintenance and cleaning of cutting equipment and work area in accordance with company standards and manufactures machine recommendations.
9. Facilitate work-order paper flow in accordance with FUSE quality standards.
10. Monitoring assist and resonator gas levels and recommend supply requirements for daily production.
1. Two or more years’ experience programming and operating CO2 laser/Fiber Optic, and/or CNC cutting machines.
2. Working experience on multiple brands of CNC machines such as Amada, Mazak, Bystronic, Messer, and Mazak is highly preferred.
3. Some drawing and reading comprehension skills.
4. Ability to inspect flat laser/plasma cut parts with precision inspection equipment.
5. Demonstrated ability to read drawings.
6. Possess some knowledge of and ability to identify fabrication industry metals.
7. Familiarity with sheet metal flat patterns preferred.
8. Ability to learn or have some working knowledge of NC machine code.
9. Minimum of 5-years’ experience as a fabricator & machine programmer/operator using a variety of machine & fabricating equipment, tools, and procedures
10. Knowledge of calculating, converting and using measurements accurately
11. Reading fractions & decimals (must know how to convert fractions to decimals)
12. BASIC mathematics skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and geometry)
13. Ability to perform without difficulty and great attention to detail
14. Employee must be dependable and capable of working overtime hours.
15. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
16. Professional Certifications is definitely a plus
17. Employee must be a positive team player to reach daily work schedule goals
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- CNC Laser Programming: 1 year (Required)
- Press brake machine: 1 year (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location