Full Job Description
Sherpa Design is looking for a new team member for our prototype and inspection services quality team and execute high precision inspection work. This person will assist in the definition of inspection projects, setting up the CMM, programming and running the machine, preparation of reports, perform calculations to check report validity, and present the report to the customer. Projects will include First Article Inspections, Reverse Engineering, and small batch production inspections. This role will also support the in-house prototype machining, 3D printing, and engineering segments of Sherpa Design.
Long term goals for this role include fully managing the inspection department and expanding measurement capabilities and customer base.
Required skills/abilities to perform this role: *
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and able to interface directly with our valued client customers
- Ability to interpret and verify GD&T/blueprints against ASME 14.5, must be able to correct any print syntax and offer DFM/DFI (design for manufacturing/design for inspection) improvements
- Previous experience with programming 5-axis CMMs (Renishaw, CMM Manager experience preferred)
- Ability to use 3D CAD tools (NX or Solidworks preferred) for modeling and analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills, must be able to explain or demonstrate complex geometric issues verbally and visually
- Creative and likes to solve challenging problems
- Attention to detail and a drive to produce high quality work
- Familiar with working in a machine shop
- Previous experience using CMM Manager, UCCServer, and Renishaw PH20 probe heads
- Up-to-date GD&T expertise through ASME Y14.5-2018
- Experience designing and producing inspection fixturing (off the shelf, custom CNC machined, 3D printed)
- Project scope definition experience (creating statements of work, assessing projects against capabilities)
- Engineering or Tech degree, -OR- (3+) years relevant CMM experience
Bonus skills/qualifications (Desired, but not necessary):
- Extensive NX CAD experience
- NX CAM programming (3/5 axis CNC milling)
- NX CAM post processor development
- Presentation/customer demo experience (live technical demos, webinars, etc)
This is a full-time exempt position. Sherpa Design offers medical and dental, paid holidays, SIMPLE IRA with match, paid family leave, supplemental insurance, professional development, and a great team to work with. Please let us know why you would be a great person to contribute the growth of the team.
Important to Note: Must be a US Person able to comply with US Department of State ITAR/EAR requirements for manufacturers in the government sector as a requirement to employment.
Sherpa Design seeks multiple perspectives for our team and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time