Willer Tool Corporation
High school or equivalent (Required)
Machining: 2 years (Preferred)
Journeyman License (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
_Job Summary: Tool and Die Maker (2nd Shift – Start time of 3:00 PM)_
Operates all departmental machine tools. Lays out work to be done and may construct, alter, or repair a wide variety of standard dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges, etc. to close tolerances and exacting set ups. Responsible for troubleshooting, upkeep, preventive maintenance, dimensional capability, making and continuous improvement of various tools, dies, jigs, and fixtures. Receives instruction from Lead Tool maker. Aids in the supervision and training of apprentices and General shop labor.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations of a jobs assigned to them, exceed customers’ expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time completion of tasks
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions and communicate them to upper management
- Share a trusting relationship with their workgroup. manage and develop work group
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste
- Proficient with a variety of machine tools, including, lathes, mills, grinders, etc.
- Build, repair, assemble tools of varying complexity
- Be aware of the relevance and importance of their job and how they contribute to the Quality objectives, including the benefit of improved performance.
- Awareness of the implications of non-conforming with the Business Management Systems requirements.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations.
- Proven working experience
- Familiarity with shop equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity
- Working knowledge of mold, dies and contract machining
- Proficient in the use of precision gauging
- Skilled in the use of prints
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- Completed an apprenticeship program
- High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in a relevant discipline is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Willer Tool Corp is an EEO employer. We participate in E-Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $32.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- tool making: 2 years (Required)
- Machining: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Journeyman License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location