Full Job Description
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities: Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools by performing the following duties.
Minimum Requirements to perform job:
- Machine orientation
- Basic safety orientation (MSDS)
- Basic SPC training
- Instructions on all necessary paperwork
- Lockout Tagout orientation/Video
- Die Maintenance Procedure
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper and grinder to machine parts and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances. Heat treats tools or parts.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- Safe, clean, organized work environment maintained.
- Moves around equipment , works in awkward areas, and is exposed to the noisy environment of a manufacturing stamping plant.
- Performs housekeeping duties within assigned area. Reports all equipment and malfunctions to the Leader or Supervisor.
- Personal effectiveness and positive attitudes developed.
- Carry out other tasks and activities as may be assigned by Leader, Supervisor or Management.
Position Pays $28.00 per hour and has competitive benefit packages. For consideration please send resume to:
10161 N. Roscommon Road
Roscommon, MI 48653
Attn: H.R. Dept.
Or via email at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lear Corporation, a Fortune 150 company headquartered in Southfield, MI, USA, is one of the world’s largest suppliers of automotive interior systems and components. The company’s world-class products are designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of over 110,000 employees in 34 countries. #LI-DNI