Doyle Shamrock Industries
Full Job Description
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts and molds.
- Possesses a complete set of toolmaker skills with all shop equipment (milling, lathe, precision grinding, polishing and fitting) and able to make part to print.
- Controls machines that smooth flat and contoured surfaces, grinds and fits assemblies together, and into mechanisms.
- Possesses advanced manual machining skills including: milling contours, engraving, turning threads, boring pockets; grinding flats, diameters, shoulders, slots, and dressing radii.
- Able to perform machining operations with a specified degree of accuracy and within a timely manner.
- Has working knowledge of advanced shop mathematics, including trigonometry.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of gages, precision measuring instruments, and all necessary inspection equipment.
- Possesses CNC skills.
- Possesses CAD/CAM experience.
- Possesses extensive knowledge of detail cutting tool geometry for different cutting tool types and materials. Able to perform preventative maintenance and repair on injection molds including electrical and hydraulic components.
- Able to reverse engineer and manufacture mold components within time limitations.
- Able to rebuild complete hot runner systems.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Certified Tool & Die Apprenticeship program. (No Required, but a Plus)
- Frequent standing, occasional walking or sitting. Occasional using of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reaching with hands and arms, and stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.