Universal Roof & Contracting
Roofing: 5 years (Required)
Driver’s License (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Make repairs to roofs with roofing materials such as composition shingles, Hydro Stop coating, modified bitumen rolled roofing, and tile by performing the following duties.
What We Offer:
- A fun and positive work environment
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Paid time off and 6 paid holidays per year
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Monday through Friday schedule
- Checks the scope of work to be sure it includes all materials needed for repair.
- Removes old roofing materials and flashing, if necessary.
- Fastens composition shingles or sheets to roof with asphalt, cement, or nails.
- Removes old, damaged tile. Fasten new tile into roof using appropriate method for installation.
- Cuts strips of flashing and fits them into angles formed by walls, vents, and intersecting roof surfaces.
- Secures metal flashing to edges of roof area if necessary when making repairs.
- Applies primer to metal flashing if necessary to allow torch down roofing to adhere to it.
- Applies modified bitumen roofing material using flame torch or peel-n-stick method and following manufacturer’s application recommendations.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5 or more year’s roofing experience in the state of Florida
- Valid Florida driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must have working knowledge of the following systems: Tile; modified bitumen (peel-n-stick, torch down, rolled roofing); shingles
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Roofing: 5 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location