ERG Aerospace Corporation
US work authorization (Required)
CNC programming: 5 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
ERG Aerospace Corporation: Founded in 1967, ERG Aerospace Corporation has been manufacturing open-celled, solid ligament metal foams called Duocel. Since then, ERG Aerospace Corporation has been producing foamed metals, carbons, and ceramics for the aerospace, defense, semiconductor manufacturing, biomedical, and scientific industries. Our primary facility has been in Oakland, CA since 1967, and in 2017 we added another facility for manufacturing operations in Sparks, NV.
If you are finally ready to join a winning team and work in the dynamic Aerospace industry, you need to apply now. If you are detailed and precise and anxious to do fascinating and impactful work, hit apply. If you’ve been waiting for a place where you and your coworkers are proud of the quality work they do and are excited about it, you got it, apply here! If it’s important that you earn ample PTO and have access to LOW OR NO COST HEALTH CARE and a robust benefit package, look no further!
The CNC Programmer/Machinist is responsible for processing work orders through the machine shop. The position requires demonstrated programming ability, strict attention to detail, high accuracy, and problem-solving abilities.
- Program CNC mills, wire EDM, and CNC lathes using Mastercam, including 3-axis programs for mill and 4-axis programs for lathe. Verify programs to ensure they are collision-free and produce high-quality parts while maintaining tool life.
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Provide feedback to Sales/Design Engineering regarding machining feasibility and special tooling required
- Set up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting tools into holders; holders into machines; installing/tramming vises and fixtures. Set tool and work offsets in machine either manually or by probing.
- Machine parts to specifications by observing machining; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Work with low-volume, high-value material with little to no room for scrap
- Adjust feeds, speeds, tooling, and machining techniques to work with unique materials
- Inspect in-process parts using standard measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, pin gages, etc.
- Design and machine fixtures as needed to enhance production
- Report problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment, materials, and labor to the Machine Shop supervisor and project engineer.
- Support 6S and F.O.D. protection activities within the work cell area and across the production floor
- Other duties as required
- 5+ years machining and programming experience
- Must have both educational and work experience using CAD/CAM software, G-code. Experience with Mastercam a plus
- Experience operating CNC machining centers
- Competent metal fabrication skills
- Solid math, computer, communication, organization and documentation skills
- Understanding of shop production, equipment maintenance, and job tracking systems
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. safely.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing operations/production priorities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- If selected for employment with ERG are you willing to submit to a background and substance screen ?
- CNC programming: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location