Metalspun Products Inc
When It Comes to Your Metal Spinning / Fabrication Projects, Time Is What Matters
...The time we spend with you to determine your exact needs and to explain how our metal spinning, hydroforming and other metal fabrication services can deliver better, stronger, more precise parts.
...The time we take when actually spinning metal to create your parts. Metalspun understands deadlines. We also understand the importance of meeting specifications and taking the time to do it right the first time.
...The time we've been in the business of metal spinning: six decades and counting. And this is where time really matters. Because it lets you know that Metalspun is committed to this industry and to your satisfaction. Our 60-year reputation depends on daily excellence.
Metal Spinning & Fabrication
Metalspun applies its expertise to a wide range of metal products and processes, for example:
Call or email us about your metal spinning / fabrication needs. We'll get back to you promptly... because when it comes to spinning metal parts for your important project, we know time matters!
- Aluminum Fabrication
- Aluminum Shapes
- Architectural Fabrication
- Hollow Metal Balls
- Lathe Spinning
- Metal Spinning
- Metal Stamping
- Precision Metal Fabrication
For asymmetric hollow shapes such as spheres, hemispheres and custom spun tubes, metal spinning is a perfect metal shaping service. Metal spinning is a technique in which a tube is spun at high velocity and pressure is mathematically applied to create round and smooth edges. These smooth edges are common in metal lamps and architectural design. Using the latest technology metal shaping has become much more affordable, and we can offer our customers a great deal on creating their metal products.
Metal shaping has many different applications. With a metal lathe you have the ability to create spheres and other asymmetric objects perfect for architecture, lamp casing and decorative art. Metal shaping may also use stamping techniques. In this form of metal shaping our engineers place a sheet of metal over a custom created die. Pressure will then be applied, forcing the metal into the shape of the die. This type of metal shaping is currently being used for automobiles, airplanes and structural shapes. It is great in creating complex concave shapes, and offers precise designs to be used in large scale production.
Metal shaping is an exact science, and we work hard to provide you perfection. We simulate the design process before production to test for any possible errors during the process. We will also check post-production products for flaws, leaving you with a 100% accurate project. Shaping a sheet of metal can call for a few different types of services. Metal shaping is a broad term to describe the craft of turning metal into a more complex shape and includes many different services that we have not listed here. Our metal shaping company can offer you a free estimation of the cost associated with your metal shaping, forming and fabrication project, contact us today.
- Mechanical & Hydraulic Presses to 110 Tons
- Spun Tubing
- Rolled & Welded Cylinder Spinning
- Square and Circle Shearing
- All Welds, All Metals Partial or Complete to Specifications
As an innovative industry leader, Metalspun continues to annually improve efficiency, accuracy, and productivity throughout the corporation.
Put these money saving Superlathes to work for you!
- These lathes are three times more efficient than hand spinning, and can spin materials ranging from light gauge aluminum to 1/4” mild steel and 1/8” stainless steel, accurately and easily.
- These lathes will spin up to a 32” diameter.
- The Giotto-400 Spinning Lathes are also complete machining centers with six tool turrets for multiple operations to be done in one cycle, including spinning, machining, trimming, beading, flanging, cornering and burnishing. Rapid tool changes are quick and easy.
- Both fast and accurate, these CNC lathes come with auto centering, part ejection, and vacuum clamping along with horizontal and vertical slides for additional operations.
- Their fast, accurate “Playback” programming will dramatically enhance productivity. Playback allows the operator to fabricate the first part with a single joystick. The CNC controlled machine will then exactly repeat the piece for small or large runs.
- The playback feature also makes the Giotto-400 cost effective for prototyping and one-of-a-kind work.
- An excellent, blemish free surface finish is maintained throughout the part, with virtually no spinning lines.
- Each of these phenomenal machines provides repeatability and is capable of holding extremely tight tolerance levels to 0.00 1
- Less thin out of material is achieved as a result of precisely controlled metal forming strokes and the hydraulic cushioning effect on the spinning roller.
- Because each of these machines is equipped as a full CNC machining center, now spinning and machining can be done to exact tolerances in one part cycle.
As in metal spinning, hydroforming also uses a mandrel with a metal blank over it. But unlike spinning, the mandrel is forced into a diaphragm of pressurized diaphragm encapsulates the mandrel and work piece, making the metal blank conform to the shape of the mandrel. Whereas spinning can thin the material in certain areas, hydroforming does not thin the material- thickness is uniform. Deep fry oil filters, soup kettle warming pots, and stainless steel floats are just a few of the applications for hydroforming.
Intricate shapes are easily formed with Metalspun's sophisticated hydroform machine. As metal is placed on a mold, pressure is used to form seamless products, with extremely tight tolerances, up to 10" deep.
We expand our capabilities even further with a spinning/hydroforming combination that produces parts too costly or impossible to form by spinning or hydroforming alone. This method is both cost-effective and quality-wise. For parts often produced through an annealing process, the hydroforming/spinning combination is particularly effective. You will profit from substantially reduced set-up, production and annealing charges.
- All Metals-All Shapes
- To 10" Deep, 21" Diameter Blanks
- Prototypes to High Volume Runs
- Draw Rings on Hand
- Hydroforming combined with spinning saves operations and additional tooling
- TQM Driven Company
- Working Toward ISO 9000
- State of the Art Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)