Harbec PlasticsHarbec Plastics, Inc. was established in 1977 as a contract Tool and Die/General Machine shop. Today these capabilities are enhanced through the application of CNC and CAD/CAM technologies and state of the art Hi-speed CNC, multi-axis milling and solids based modeling and programming, Also, many leading edge technologies are employed which allows us to offer the most contemporary capabilities to our customers. This evolution, especially as it applies to the field of plastic injection molding, enables Harbec to offer a complete solution in one location.
From initial concept molding stages and prototyping, through advanced production tooling requirements, to low or high volume production molding and secondary processes, Harbec Plastics has the technology and takes the responsibility to meet the requirements.
- Harbec Plastics Capabilities:
- Modeling/Prototyping- Harbec has Quick Manufacturing Solutions (QMS) as a method of supplying customers with high quality, short to medium run plastic parts out of any material in a reduced time frame. Our QMS capability allows us to produce prototype products more cost effectively and with lower risk by reducing errors in subsequent production stages. Examples of some of our QMS capabilities include: Selective Laser Sintering, CNC Machining and Aluminum and SLS sintered tools. We have 34 CNC maching centers and two Selective laser Sintering stations to support these process.
- Tooling and Mold Making- A fully staffed in house toolroom with leading edge processes and equiptment. Equiptment and software include 16 CAM stations, CNC digitizing, CNC milling, EDM's and precision grinding.
- Injection Molding- 30 presses ranging from 55 to 440 tons of clamp pressure. We specialize in highly featured, tightly toleranced component parts usually molded from engineered resins and with inserts.
- Assemblies/Secondaries- We offer a wide host of secondary and assembly services including mechanical assemblies, ultrasonic welding heat staking, pad printing, hot stamping and machining.